Over the last year that U, Me and Films has been in the game, various friends have nominated me from various blogging awards. However for certain reason, I have never responded to it before. On the first day of this year, Ruth @"...let's be splendid about this..." nominated me for another award, The Versatile Blogger award. This isn't the first time she has nominated me for such an award, Ruth is one of the oldest followers of this blog and I thought that, now that I have much more settled with this blog, this would be a good opportunity to do one myself. So, I wholeheartedly thank Ruth for considering me worthy of this and the previous awards as well as all the support and encouragement and give you the rules of the award that Ruth passed on to me.
- Display the award certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever sent you the award
- Present fifteen awards to deserving bloggers
- Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off
- Post seven interesting facts about yourself.
So, the seven facts. This should be easy, considering I have never done this before. So, most of you do not know much about me. But as it turns out - rule says "Interesting" facts. So, lets see if I can make them interesting.
1. Since I was a kid, I was always good at Mathematics, specifically doing calculations orally. As I grew older, I got better. So much that in College, my friends used to yell random questions at me just to test me out. Off course, I got them all.
2. I think I have said this before but English is my Third Language. Not first, not second, third but such is the case for most of us, Indians. So, it really isn't a big deal.
3. I am a late bloomer when it comes to being a movie buff. I think I became much more serious after coming to US 3 years ago, even though I did see many English movies before. I was a bookworm long before that.
4. In the Summer of 2003, just before starting my college, I read 50 books in 90 days and quite a few of them were more than 500 pages long. More interesting fact is the reason I remember this is I made a list of all the books I read and since then I have kept it updated.
5. Harry Potter and Philosopher's Stone was the first book I read in English when I was 16 and if my memory serves right, Home Alone(1990) was the first movie I saw in English. I must be 8 or 9 then.
6. Just like I keep the list of books, I also keep the list of movies I have watched but it's online - on IMDb. Over the last three years, I have religiously voted every single movie I have seen. As of today, I have rated 1316 titles on it.
7. Back in India, we own almost 300 movies. You want to guess how many I have here in US? 2. Judgement at Nuremberg(1961) and The Family Stone(2005) which I haven't seen yet. I Know. On the other hand, I have close to 30 books here and almost 100 at home. Not many, I know but if you compare them to the movies, you will see the contrast.
Now we come to the final part - nominating other bloggers. I am going to do two things different though. First, there is no way I am nominating 15 bloggers and secondly, as I said before that there have been more than one occasion where U, Me and Films was nominated before but since this is my first time replying, I am going to nominate those who've given some award to me before, as a vote of thanks to them. In case if I have forgotten someone, because I have a crappy memory like that sometimes, you know who to blame.
Here are the bloggers -
Here are the bloggers -
Thanks Ruth for giving me this chance and thanks to all of you for thinking of me in the past.