Monday, March 12, 2012

My Favorite 100 Movies


I must have been working on it for at least 6 months now. Lot of things have happened since then and I kept on postponing publishing this for various reasons. At one point, after being almost ready with the list, I even left it untouched for almost a month because of my Master's. But, I think I am ready to put it up now. Since watching films is something I have been taking seriously only since last 5-6 yeas, I still have a huge back-log to fill up. So, every once in a while I watch something new, I need to go back and update the list. That was one of the major reasons for my procrastination. But, If I keep doing this, I will never publish it. So, I am finally putting it out there. You can see it here or on the menu bar at the top of this page by clicking on My Favorite 100. Please check it out and let me know what do you think of it either here or on the page itself in comments. But, don't be surprised if you come back(if at all, you do :P) after few days and see it a lot different. There will be lot of changes as I keep on broadening my horizons.

Anyone who has done such list will agree that doing this list is an exhausting but extremely fun task. First of all, selecting 100 movies from whatever you have seen turned out to be a task much harder than I anticipated. I had to leave out a lot of movies that I really enjoy as there are only 100 spots for grabs and I had to fight really hard to somehow keep Easy A(2010) and Monsters Inc(2001) in. Then order them. I still am not sure if I love my no.48 more than no.49. It is almost impossible to differentiate. But, you HAVE to. However, I realized ordering them wasn't even the worst part of it when I had 1 draft ready and I watched Festen(1998) and The Man who shot Liberty Valance(1962). Worst part proved to be adding the new movies into the list - going through the whole list and deciding where does the new one fits in? sucks!!

Also, I recently went through the 1001 Films You Must See Before You Die Lists. Like many others, because of changes it has went through over the years, I went through the movies which have ever been on the list. And even though I have seen almost 280 of them, one blemish I need to get rid of is I have not seen any movie in the list with any connection to India - no Mother India(1957), no Pather Panchali (1955), no Aparajito(1957) or A Passage to India(1984) either. So, one fine day when I do get rid of it, I might think of doing that list as well, just to let everyone know what I have and what I have not seen. But, I do not see that coming in the near future.

P.S.: If you look at the side bars closely, you can see I have added something new there. LAMB # 1232. I am very happy and excited to be the part of Lamb. Hope to meet lot of new people and learn from them in the process.

6 comments:

  1. YEay!! Welcome to THE LAMB... Although I am not the most prolific of LAMBers it is a great place to meet like minded folk!!

    I wouldn't know where to start on my top 100... well doen sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very True Scott. That was the principal reason I joined Lamb.

    You are very Kind Scott. Thanks for Commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the LAMB! I am digging the awesome variety you have on your Top 100 list. So many great movies in there. I have considered making my own list, but as you said, it is a very exhausting project! Maybe someday.

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It is exhausting thing to do. I am glad that you like the list Eric. It's good to be appreciated by people. Thanks !!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to The LAMB buddy! Love your site wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex !! That's a big compliment. You can take some credit yourself. Among others, Your support and Ideas have been really helpful.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...